Friday, December 23, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies, Easier than Pie

Alright, I admit it. I'm on Pinterest. I don't think I fully understand the "greatness" of the thing, but it's kinda neat to learn new crafts or recipes. If you follow the original "pin" back to the website it came from, that is. Otherwise, you're just putting things on a wishlist and sharing it with EVERYONE. There's this 14-year-old girl that I know who basically only puts up pictures of clothes. And totally cliche sayings. It's one of those teenage things where everything is more dramatic than adults believe it is. And I keep getting emails about how "so-and-so repinned your pin!" I don't even know most of the people who are liking the pictures I've put up! On the plus side, I've been putting up tons of pictures from my blog, so Country Chic is getting TONS of traffic. And I've found some cute craft ideas that, in a million years, I will eventually have time to do. So I GUESS I kinda like it.

Anyways, enough about my ranting. I did have a point to this post, I promise. I have a really yummy, simple cookie recipe that I've been dying to share with you! Once you see these pictures, I hope you'll be as excited about these as I am.


You can add ANYTHING to these babies and they'll turn out fantastic! Chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, you name it! I love using cinnamon chips because they taste like heaven. They're sooooo delicious and a nice deviation from chocolate or butterscotch.


like preheating my oven and trying to race to finish my prep work before the oven finishes heating up. I know, my life is so exciting. :) But I usually win with this recipe! It really is amazing just how simple these babies are. So without further ado, here's the recipe you've been waiting for!

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box of cake mix, any flavor (I picked spice cake. Yum!)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water
small bowl of granulated (or powdered) sugar (I've never tried powdered sugar, but that's next on my 'to-bake' list!)
Chocolate chips or nuts (optional) (I used cinnamon chips.)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and water in a large bowl. 



Shape the dough into small bowls with two spoons (the dough will be really sticky, hence the spoons). 

Roll the dough in the sugar.



Now, place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten them just slightly before popping them into the oven.

Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes (or only 9. They're gooier and more delicious that way!) and then let them cool on a cooling rack.


And then chow down!


This combination is the perfect fall treat! So tasty! :D

I haven't been able to get a good count of how many cookies this makes, since either my husband or I sneak a couple of cookies fresh out of the oven. I think it makes about 30 or so.

Seriously. That's all there is to it! Good luck and try not to eat them all in one sitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment