Monday, December 12, 2011

Odd News

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll scroll through some news stories just for something to read. It's not that I don't have a million books at my fingertips, since I AM a bookworm, just that I'm looking for something "NEW!" and "FRESH!" to read. So I was bored today, since I'd already knocked out my cooking for the day, so I turned on my trusty laptop, and what do you know? I find an article about a very rich cat, inheriting millions from his late owner!
I've heard about phenomena like this in the past, but it always gets me wondering, why? What is a cat going to do with property in Milan or Rome, let alone a $13 million fortune? I love my cat, don't get me wrong, but even if I never have kids, I'd make sure to donate all my millions (since, in this fantasy of mine, I'm filthy rich) to some charity organization or another. And who is going to look after all the money after the cat dies? 



Granted, my cat is super cute, and I love her to pieces, but I still wouldn't leave my millions and billions to her.


In news closer to home, I've been on a baking crusade. My mother, who is notorious for not being able to keep Christmas presents secret for more than 3 days after purchasing them, gave me a cupcake decorating book with super cute ideas a few days before Thanksgiving. Then just last week she brought me the Cake Pops decorating book by my baking heroine, Bakerella! I've been so anxious to try out these new decorating tips and recipes. My first attempt at cake balls resulted in something that resembled cake porcupines, rather than smooth balls, but they tasted just fine!



My second attempt turned out much better than the first, and very delicious, too! Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I melted white chocolate chips to cover them, and then to finish them off, semi-sweet chocolate drizzle. Mmm... and they tasted as delicious as they look! Maybe even more so.


Well, I'll keep baking, and you keep reading! See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment