Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sinfully Delicious Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I went to my very first cookie exchange Tuesday! It was so much fun, and I scored some tasty new treats!



My mom tagged along, but she didn't have time to make cookies to exchange, so I whipped up some peppermint chocolate chip cookies for her. Me, on the other hand, I baked my (new) favorite cookies: dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies. The recipe calls for peanut butter (oh, yes!), so I thought chunky would be most appropriate. They're best slightly under-baked and fresh out of the oven. So I almost didn't have enough cookies to offer the girls at the exchange. Because I ate so many. ^^' Now, I know you want the recipe. It's so easy, you'll love to bake 'em over and over!



Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 ounces dark chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

In a small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, soda and salt, then set aside.



In another bowl (slightly bigger), cream the butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. I like using chunky peanut butter because I like the added deliciousness. Plus, chunky is SO much better than creamy, no matter what my husband or anyone else says.



Add vanilla and eggs; cream. 

Then add the flour concoction to the mix. 



Fold in the chocolate chips. 



Roll cookies into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter. Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet. My sister-in-law swears by these silicon baking liners, so I thought I'd give them a try. So far, so good!



Bake them for 10 minutes. Or 9, if you're like me and you believe gooey cookies are the epitome of perfection.



You know you want to bake them. Right... now.

This makes about 30 cookies, but I like to make them on the smaller side. That way I don't feel so awful about eating two. Or three. Or... well, you get the idea. So my method usually makes about 48, plus or minus.

Also,I heard a funny story about Mexican Wedding Balls. Have you heard of them? They're crumbly, usually with an almond-y taste, and rolled in powdered sugar. They're very yummy. But they are neither traditional nor are they Mexican! One of the ladies at the cookie exchange shared an anecdote about how she made them and offered some to a friend from Mexico. Oddly enough, she had never heard of or tasted these little beauties!


So that's it for now. Happy baking!
Also, if you want the recipe for "Mexican" Wedding Cookies, I have a great one here!

No comments:

Post a Comment