Monday, January 2, 2012

Best Brownies and Hot Fights

I went a little overboard this Christmas, I think. My husband got a PS3, two games, AND Transporter on Blu-ray. Sam thinks I got HIM a Jason Statham movie, but secretly, that movie is all mine. I'm kind of a movie tomboy. I will watch a chick flick with the girls and bawl my eyes out, but if you give me a choice, I'm all about the action! Also, Jason Statham never can seem to fight in anything more than just pants, or he's all decked out in a suit. Have you ever seen a man fight in a suit? It's hot. Seriously. Anyways, I'm rambling here. My FAVORITE scene in Transporter is the oil scene. If you've ever watched the movie, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, check out this video clip:


Even covered in oil, Jason Statham is hot. Maybe especially covered in oil...

Here he is fighting in a suit:




I love baking while watching movies like this. And now, I've got a great movie to drool over as I'm (simultaneously) drooling over my baked goods. One of my favorite movie recipes is rather simple, but sooo fantastic. These babies won over my husband. Well, at least that's what I choose to think. :P And here they are, ladies and gents!

Best Brownies EVER

1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (one of my youth group girls gave me some homemade vanilla for Christmas, and I can't wait to test it on this recipe!)
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9" by 13" pan. I love using the Perfect Brownie Pan for this. It cooks the brownies separately, so there's no messy cutting involved!

Combine all ingredients*, mixing until they're well combined, then spread into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

*The reason I feel these brownies made my husband swoon is because I added peanut butter chips to the batter. You can add anything you like, but peanut butter and chocolate will always be my favorite combination!


Now, you are all set for the perfect movie night! Transporter marathon, best ever brownies, and of course, your favorite blog. Bake long and prosper!

http://www.asseenontvbazar.com/kitchen/perfect-brownie-pan/
http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/cocoa-brownies-with-peanut-butter-chips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment