Friday, January 13, 2012

Mmm... Snickerdoodles...

Have you ever had a cookie or dessert that, after that very first bite, transports you back in time, back to when the color of your crayon and who you sat next to at lunch mattered more than anything else in the world? A simpler time, where the biggest drama of your life was if you missed your Saturday morning cartoons? That's what happens when I bite down on a soft, perfect snickerdoodle. They are so easy and SO GOOD!


And they're very aesthetically pleasing, too! So, are you drooling yet? I know I am! Here's my Ariel-tested recipe!

Snickerdoodles

3/4 cup butter
1 1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Blend the butter and the larger portion of sugar together.


Now, add the eggs, and mix them well.


Mix in the flour, salt and baking powder.




In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon, the rest of the sugar, and the nutmeg.


Form small balls out of the dough. Roll each one in the sugar mixture, then place them about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. I use parchment paper or silicone. Less clean-up, more enjoying!




Bake for about 8 minutes, or until they have a light brown color. These cookies are puffed up when you first take them out of the oven, but then they are supposed to flatten and get that lovely crinkle look. Mine didn't.



Now, I'm more of a fan of the flatter snickerdoodle, so the second set of trays, I flattened the cookies just enough. I think it looked much better. :)



The way you enjoy them is completely up to you! Get creative with your cookies, and please leave a comment! As for me and my house, we shall serve them as ice cream sandwiches. Perfection.


Or maybe, Snickerdoodle cupcakes?


The possibilities are endless!

Also, if you have any childhood favorite snacks that you'd love to share, let me know! And I'd love the recipe if you've got it!


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read your wonderful article. Im looking forward to read more of
    your works and posts. You did a good job! Try to visit my site too and enjoy.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me,
    I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too.
    The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! I read your article and learn about it. Thanks for sharing your expertise and information about this study. I also have a site imarksweb.net ,kindly open if you have time :) Thanks. GBY

    ReplyDelete