Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mug Cakes???

Wow, I'm beginning to think all my Pinterest friends are a bad influence on me! I keep seeing all these horrible, fattening, chocolate-y treats that I just HAVE to re-create at home. Sam keeps getting mad at me for constantly baking and baking. But I did stumble upon a decadent treat that is, dare I say it, easier than my peach cobbler? Oh, but I have! I have, and I'm so excited to share this one! Chocolate Mug Cakes, which remind me slightly of those Betty Crocker microwave desserts. You know the ones, the Warm Delights. So here it is, your very own, make at home Warm Delight!

Nutella Mug Cake


4 tablespoons self rising flour*
4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil


Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. I always combine my dry ingredients first because it's a whole lot easier.


Now to add the egg, oil, and, my personal favorite, Nutella.


Whisk all the ingredients well with a fork until smooth.

Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mine took 3 and 1/2 minutes.) This is what it looks like fresh out of the oven microwave.


Top with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce if desired. Too bad I didn't have any chocolate sauce. But do you know what goes best with cake? Vanilla ice cream, of course! And peppermint whipped cream. That just makes everything so much better. Here's the peek-a-boo of the yummy ice cream.


This makes 1 very large serving!

*I do not just have self-rising flour laying around. I had a mini freak-out when I realized that all-purpose flour is not, in fact, the same as self-rising flour. So I looked it up. Here is a good flour recipe for such circumstances like these.

For one cup of all-purpose flour, mix in 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

It worked like a charm. And so will this recipe! A little warning though, this will be a challenge to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment