Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mini Madness

I think everything is cuter miniaturized. I'm not sure why. But something elegant can morph into something adorable when it's shrunk.  And mini food? So much easier for bake sales, parties, or even potlucks! There's this website that I like, called Make and Takes, that has tons of ideas for miniaturizing your baking! They've got mini pizzas, brownies, pies, you name it, they've got it! And so, I decided to take a leaf from their book and get my mini on! "What are you shrinking, Ariel?" you may be wondering. Cheesecake! This recipe is different from the cheesecake bars I posted a while back. I know this recipe works for minis, so I didn't want to get too adventurous just yet. Plus it has a slight lemon zing to it that I LOVE!

Mini Cheesecakes

24 vanilla wafer cookies
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (it works best softened)
2/3 cup sugar
4 eggs
4 teaspoons lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Place 1 wafer in the bottom of each cup.



Whip your cream cheese until it's light and fluffy.


Gradually add in the sugar, eggs, and lemon juice, one at a time.



Here's my lovely hand model, Sam, as he whips by hand to make sure no clumps of cream cheese go un-whipped.


Your cheesecake filling should look like this when you've finished:



Spoon the filling over the wafer cookies. I had to use a ladle because I'm a terrible mess-maker in the kitchen. Also, some of my cookies kept floating to the top. That's okay if it happens, just push them back down.



Bake for 15 minutes.
Let them cool for several hours or overnight. Or pop them in the freezer for 2 hours if you're impatient like me. You can top them with anything you want to, or leave them plain. I garnished them with frozen blueberries, mostly because some of the wafers floated back up during the baking process and I wanted them to be aesthetically pleasing. When the berries thawed, it left a kind of syrupy drizzle atop the cheesecakes that looked very delicious!


And now you've discovered a way to eat a whole cheesecake without feeling guilty! You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment