Saturday, February 4, 2012

Peanut Butter, Breakfast of Champs!

Okay, first off, I finished glazing my cookies! Well, most of them. There's still dough in my fridge, taunting me. But the cookies I did finish turned out just as cute as can be! Take a peek:


Darling, right?? I love how pastel colors make everything that much cuter. And they just make you feel happier, too. It makes me excited for springtime, with the flowers blooming in the trees and on the ground and... well, you get the idea.

I love that my husband works with a whole lot of hungry hungry co-workers. That means that I have several guinea pigs anxiously awaiting my baked goods. So I'm testing out a new recipe! Peanut butter muffins. Yummy! Because breakfast doesn't always have to be healthy. It does, however, need to be tasty.

Peanut Butter Muffins

2 medium eggs
2 cups flour
1 cup milk
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt



Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Melt the butter in a small dish.



Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.



Now add the milk.



Set that mixture aside. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking power and salt in a large bowl.



Toss the peanut butter in and mix really well. The peanut butter will get really crumbly. I used chunky (my fave!), so I put a tablespoon more in.



Now pour in the eggs and milk.


And the butter.


Also, I'm a sinner...


Put cupcake liners in a muffin tin, then fill them about 2/3 full. I used my mixing spoon and scraped the batter into the liners with my handy dandy rubber spatula, since the batter was super thick.


Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and perfect, like this:


This batch only makes 24 muffins, so I will definitely need to make more! :) And I'm really glad I decided to add the chocolate chips. Next time, I will probably need a touch more sugar.


Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? If so, please share!! I'm always looking for something more to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment