Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mind = Blown

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Prepare to have your socks knocked off by the EASIEST recipe in the history of easy recipes. This is a recipe with a crust that bakes itself. Yeah, that's right. A step you don't have to do because this recipe makes it itself!

My mom, dear woman that she is, got me more random baking things not long ago. She likes to get me silicon molds and Magic Bullets, books about cupcakes and cake pops, and now, a wonderful cookbook with a name I love: Betty Crocker Bisquick Impossibly Easy Pies.


So many reasons to love this. Betty Crocker, Pies, and oh yeah, Impossibly Easy. I was very skeptical. I mean, has Betty ever MADE a pie??? So I started to read the intro. The first Impossibly Easy Pie was created and the recipe published in 1978. The recipes call for Bisquick mix and other basic ingredients. Unlike regular pies, which are NOT simple, these pies don't require a separate crust to be made. They form a crust while they bake! Cool, right? While the pie is baking, some of the Bisquick sinks down to the bottom of the pan and voilĂ ! Insta-crust! It blew my mind, as I'm sure it has yours. I know you're really excited to try this out, so here's my attempt at easy-peasy cheesecake, courtesy of Betty Crocker and Bisquick.

Impossibly Easy Cheesecake

1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into 16 pieces (I wasn't sure if each package needed to be cut into 16 pieces, so I did anyway. It seemed to work well.)


Sour Cream Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350.

Grease a 9 x 1 1/4 inch pie plate.


Put the vanilla, eggs, milk, sugar, and Bisquick in a blender.


Cover it and blend on a high speed for about 15 seconds.


Add the cream cheese. Cover the blender and blend for about 2 minutes.



Now pour this absurdly easy mixture directly into the pie pan. It took me a couple seconds and a few double-takes before I remembered I wasn't supposed to have a crust.



Bake 27 to 37 minutes or until the edge is just beginning to crack and the center is still shiny and soft. It's supposed to wiggle just a little bit.



It rose so high out of the pan!

Let the cheesecake cool for about an hour.

After it's cooled, prepare and spread the sour cream topping over the top. Refrigerate for about 8 hours, or freeze for less time than that.

My plan was to heat up some strawberry jam in the microwave and drizzle it over the top to finish the whole thing off, but that dang cheesecake had other plans. I'd show you more pictures, but after trying to balance it in the freezer, the cheesecake fell right on top of my hand. :( So no more pictures. And now I've got my very first BATTLE WOUND. Kitchen injuries. They happen.

1 comment: