Thursday, April 26, 2012

White Chocolate Citrus Cookies

I absolutely adore soft cookies. Nothing is better. Ever. You give me a crunchy cookie, then you better be supplying some milk to soak it in, homes! I am always looking for new, yummy, soft cookie recipes to test out. I just gotta have my fix! Also, I'm donating the cookies I'm baking this go-round to a fundraiser for the girls in our church to go to church camp. If you want a cookie, you'll have to cough up a whopping 25 cents for one! It's for a good cause, I promise! I'll provide the address of the fundraiser at the end of this post for you, and I do hope you all can make it! Now, I mentioned I follow Chef in Training, and her posts show up in my feed often times. Sometimes she has guest bloggers, and this girl is my new best friend! Kierste, from Brown Paper Packages, has this fantastic cookie recipe that is about to blow your mind! (It sure did mine!) So, for your blogging and baking pleasure, here they are!


Om nom nom! Don't these just make you salivate???

White Chocolate Citrus Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (about 3 to 4 lemons)
1 1/2 to 2 cups white chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Grate yourself some citrus zest. I chose lemons because I just happened to have some in my pantry, but the recipe works wonders with oranges and limes! I wonder how grapefruit would taste... Next project, perhaps?


Mix the butter and sugars until very creamy. 



Beat in the egg. 


Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix them well. 



When  the dough is thick and, well, doughy, mix in the lemon zest and white chocolate by hand. 


Of course, you know me. I like to separate them. I feel like it mixes them better.


Roll the dough into balls. Place them on an un-greased baking sheet. Since I wanted bigger cookies, I flattened the balls so that the cookie would cook thoroughly.


 Bake them for 12 minutes.


Let them cool, and, if you're feeling artistic, you can melt the remaining white chocolate (adding a smidgen of oil to keep the chocolate from hardening too quickly) and drizzle it on top, with a garnish of leftover zest. I happened to be in the mood, so drizzle I did!


Step one: Drizzle.


Step 2: Garnish.


Step 3: Enjoy! Or wrap up and tie with a cute ribbon to give to somebody awesome who deserves a bright, happy cookie. (Yes, this cookie actually embodies happiness.)

Now, here's the info on the fundraiser these cookies will be heading to:

1635 West 9th Street 
San Pedro, CA 90731

April 28th, 2012
Entry is $5 per person, or $20 for a family (over 4 people)
Dinner is at 6:00, but seating begins at 5:45
Goods and services will be auctioned off (think silent auction) throughout the night
There will be dancing

And if you need any other info, just click on this link! I would love to see you there if you can make it!

Hope you love this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment