Friday, May 4, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies!


Remember how I said I was trying to get off peanut butter and onto cinnamon? It's been hard. I even bought some Reese's miniatures for baking before I remembered, 'Oh yeah, no peanut butter.' It was tragic. I needed something to lift my spirits, something cinnamon-y. And what do I find? Snickerdoodle blondies. Oh, heaven help me! They seem to have about the same consistency as congo bars, but cinnamon instead of chocolate. Should I bake them? Is that even a valid question??

Now, I found this recipe on a website that claims all the author's recipes are original, family recipes, or adapted recipes from other places. However, the author was insisting that no one else was allowed to write blog posts with her recipes. I kinda have beef with recipe copyrighters. If I can find the exact same recipe on someone else's site, with a link back to their source (that isn't your website), then shouldn't that mean you have no claim on it? Oh, and find it I did, by the way. Pretty much verbatim. But whatever. I'm done ranting now! Here's the awesome recipe from a site that does let you site the source.


Snickerdoodle Blondies
from Brown-Eyed Baker

For the Cookies:
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup cinnamon chips, optional (If you know where to find these, please tell me!! I can't find them anywhere and it's driving me crazy!)


For the Topping:
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg


I decided to add some glaze to my concoction, so this is my own little experiment. I'm sure the blondies will taste just fine if you omit this glaze, but I love the addition!

For the Glaze:
1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar, depending on your preference of thickness (You can add more, but I would recommend adding extra spice as well. I'm not a big fan of an overpowering powdered sugar taste in my glazes.)
2 to 3 tablespoons cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tartar and salt. Set it aside.


Now, in a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. You'll do that for about a minute, just to get it nice and creamy.



Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. You want the mixture to be really smooth.




Now, you want to stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until well blended. The batter will be super thick.


Super thick and super sticky! I couldn't get the stuff off my spatula.


Spread it evenly into the prepared pan.Wet your hands and pat the mixture down evenly. Seriously, this trick is awesome!


Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly on top of batter.

Bake these babies about 30 minutes. You'll know they're done because when you press gently on the top, it should spring back. Let the pan cool completely before pouring the glaze on top.


Now, when the blondies are slightly on the cooler side, you can whip up your glaze, if you want to. (Oh, you know you do!)


Pour some glaze on the blondies! Come on, glaze it up! (I totally just sang that to the tune of Pour Some Sugar On Me...Yeah, I'm a dork.)


And that, my dear ones, is how you make a cinnamon overload. The end!

Well, not really. Now I have all these delicious, wonderful blondies and nowhere to send them. I have such a hard life, right? Holler if you want some! Here's a close-up, so you can drool more effectively:


Okay, now, it's the end.

2 comments:

  1. These look so delicious!! We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting your great linky parties! I'll definitely keep coming back!

      Delete