Sunday, July 22, 2012

Peanut Butter and Nutella: Perfect!


Oh my holy heavens! I opened myself Pandora's box with that last peanut butter recipe, and now I can't seem to stop! I seriously went on the HUNT for more yummy things to try that feature peanut butter. I'm not joking. I have a list. And the one at the top of my list is this one:


Be not deceived by its rather ordinary appearance. That is not your average PB cookie. Oh, no. That baby has something awesome going on. You want to know what it is? Alright, fine, I'll tell you. Nutella! It's legen- wait for it -dary! (I'm having HIMYM withdrawals. I'm such a nerd.) So here we go!

Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies
from Sweet Tooth

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Nutella


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium/large bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy, which is about 2-3 minutes.



Mmm... already so creamy!

Now, add the egg and vanilla and mix well.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mix until just barely combined.


As you can see, the cookie dough is kinda crumbly. Seems like your average peanut butter cookie, right? Just wait. Here comes the good part.

Microwave the wonderful, amazing, delicious, AWESOME (I like Nutella, okay???) Nutella for about 20 seconds. It shouldn't be too runny when you mix it into the dough.


 Now drizzle it over the dough.


Okay, so I didn't drizzle so much as plop, but it got the job done!


Fold the Nutella in with a rubber spatula until well-mixed throughout all of the dough.




Looks fantastic, right? Here's a close-up:




Pop that dough into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes. Watch some cheesy TV show that's no longer on the air (I picked Buffy.) to pass the time.

Once that's all over and done with, roll the dough into small balls on a parchment- or silicone-lined baking sheet. Or you could just be old-fashioned and grease your cookie sheet, but who does that? Just kidding!


They kinda look like marbles, don't they? Albeit much tastier.

Now make the trademark crisscross on top with a fork. I never did understand why peanut butter cookies were marked like that. But they're sure cute!



Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Mine only took 8, but maybe I was impatient. The edges should turn a nice, golden-brown color.


Now it's time to eat! To be enjoyed thoroughly with a tall glass of cool milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment