Monday, August 13, 2012

Soda Pop Cake

I heard somewhere (probably on Pinterest...) that it's possible to make a cake with soda. I was rather dubious. How is it possible that it needs only two ingredients?? That doesn't even make sense. Right? Right?? Wrong. It somehow makes perfect, moist, fantastically delicious sense! I made it. I'm a terrible influence on my husband, I know.


Seriously, this was so easy, I think I might have to make something else or I'll be bored all day!

Soda Pop Cake

1 (12 ounce) can soda, any flavor
1 cake mix, any flavor

Did I forget anything? No... It really is just those two. Seriously!


I had a 6-pack of San Pellegrino Orange and a yellow cake mix begging me to be used. I'm sure other combos would have been delicious, too. Can you picture it? Strawberry cake with Sierra Mist (they have it now in strawberry kiwi!), lemon with Fanta, chocolate with Dr. Pepper? The possibilities are endless, and they're sure to be a hit anytime you make them!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease just the bottom of a 9 by 13 cake pan.

Pour the cake mix into a bowl.

Add the soda. It's gonna fizz, so be careful!


Use a whisk or a spoon to stir it all up. The batter is gonna be pretty thick.



Pour the batter into the pan.


Bake it for about 25 minutes, and then insert a toothpick in the center to check for done-ness.


Let that baby cool before you frost it, then have at it!


Now enjoy! Told you it was easy!

8 comments:

  1. I lo-o-ove soda cake! It's especially good when you make it as cobbler! Just add fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! When I do my peach cobbler, I always use yellow cake, but next time, I'll definitely have to try it with soda cake! Thanks for the idea! And for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ariel, I love reading your blog! Using soda is a super easy way to make cobbler, especially when you're camping. That way you don't have to pack eggs, etc. But I hadn't thought of actually making just a cake with soda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea! Next time we go camping, I'll definitely make it! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this. Miss you Ariel! I nominated you for a Liebster Award, check it out! :)


    Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! You're so sweet, Kelli! :)

      Delete
  4. I read somewhere that the soda recipe doesn't work well for cupcakes, have you made cupcakes? Does it work okay? My daughter's soccer team name is Orange Crush and I thought it would be fun to make Orange Crush & Lemon Cupcakes for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually tried it with cupcakes, but this blog has:
      http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/06/13/orange-cream-soda-pop-cupcakes/
      Sorry for the late response, but hope this helps!

      Delete